Monday, December 20, 2010

Son of a bitch of war --- the day at West Point

 2. In the days of West Point
I do not give anyone else any good results h I will do my best to reach them I think may be wrong mm mm I was destined to achieve. Military, back to the time when small Patton
Military in Virginia to study hard and achieved excellent results, when Mr. Barton Barton for small non-stop access to West Point to continue its activities, and finally his father as a small Patton said, , in your effective use of your influence, the Before graduation, I left for West Point, the commander, Colonel Long Stella told me that I am now the rank of corporal first class, and this is the second-year students awarded the highest rank possible. In to the West Point ago, my father and I stayed in Richmond for two days, we went to war seven days battle. my father brought me staring at Parliament House in Washington visited the sculpture. dad said pointing to the prison, which for the legislators to meaning that there is a prophecy. I school the day before, my father with me to West Point. afternoon we were walking on campus when the students of all military salute to pay tribute to the father, who officers thought he was it. < br> 1904 年 6 mother dated 1 letter
dear mother:
West Point is very good, so far the treatment here than in Virginia Military good, non-commissioned officers were also very good, and they never find our new students fit for the occasion. We have to take a bath every night, but only 8 minutes for us. have to shave every morning, and the only time you can use before blowing reveille, which is in addition to weekly We can write at the time outside, so you do not want to always receive my letter, because I do not want to get up at 5. here the food is fine, twice a day to eat dim sum in the morning to eat chocolate, drink coffee at night to drink iced tea or milk.
3 people live in a dormitory this year, my roommate of two people okay, study hard, pay attention to health, but poor Luode Qi, and to speak Taitailielie, can only say that the middle level students, not really a true gentleman, looking to find students who can really known as a gentleman living with them, I have to live with, and the two men. I brought no clothes except what underwear outside useful. I want to dispose of them, so to install something else out of the box Teng hh
Beatrice received my flower? Unfortunately, I can not buy her 20 dollar a bunch of flowers, I handed the money to the school, you do not give me all kinds of postal money or things, are of no use, other schools do not allow new students receive the parcel. blowing reveille, and I have to shave, and goodbye. < br> love your son
1904 年 7 月 3
date to the father's letter Dear Dad:
know you got home safely, I am very happy. I gave my mother every Sunday, or Aunt Anne wrote mm This is my only free time. no class time, we will organize the House. In all the training, this is my favorite one.
day our professor to professor of mathematics military funeral was held. In addition to 50 officers, all of the students and troops had participated. body placed in a gun carriage, the General Mills and all the officials are to follow later in the artillery, and there are a soldier holding a horse horse threw a black veil, sword, gloves and saddle are on horseback. three shots ring to show when the mourning, I think the funeral was not as good as this part of Virginia Military Academy.
Today we went to the hall to listen to One participant in the National Day speech, this speech is fine, he talked about what a modern military, and what the representative of the modern soldier. we all warmly applauded, I think it is because we all agree with him, but I not. because I saw and heard in the school term, I feel I should belong to a completely different class. This class may disappear, it could be never existed. I'm numb with these lazy students different just like heaven and hell are different. I know my ideal cold and selfish, but not really selfish, because it not only can not make me be free from torture, but that I make every effort to pursue a for me and for anyone else no good ending. Some people may think I'm a dreamer, but I firmly believe that I'm not. Anyway, I will do my best to make me be I was destined to become a man.
Recently, my situation was a mess, because I too easy to say that the Virginia Military school students here at the station Junzi than when students are standing firm. Ever since, said the phrase damn words, all the students seemed to be to me that I am wrong, but they also stand Junzi really good hh
1904 年 7 dated 10 Beatrice
Dear Beatrice:
after so long , I finally entered the West Point Military Academy, and sometimes I can not even believe my good fortune, but at other times, especially in training, I would not think I want to be where or what kind of person, the fact on the training here is very . I live with a roommate in the guard tent, so I have enjoyed a 5x2-foot tent, if the definition of war, General Sherman was right, then life is war at West Point, you may not understand the great soldiers on the definition of war. I'm glad you miss me, and I want to see me, and I hope you understand how much I want to be with you.
1904 年 7 月 to Beatrice
Dear Beatrice:
you really should see my girls and dance scene, is simply great. even the teaching of dance teachers are mouth open, with an almost close to the worship of the eyes to see me. Suddenly he in a scary voice and roared: are concentrated and where did he ignore me.
1904 年 8 dated 15
dear father Father:
to date me, two months, but I feel like after a good few years like last week we buried hh a general. that the world, the rain, we all attended the funeral wearing a raincoat. This gives the impression that the funeral was too strong. low of drums and the sound of shots to show mourning are great, I think I'm dead If the future can bury me in the form of military funeral, I joined the army but also the value. I hope I can be a glorious victory died in the middle by my enemies defeated, of course, surrounded by the soldiers should have my own, my soul will return to the mortal world after my death, to hear how people evaluate me, but am afraid I still fail to realize this dream hh I have been a soldier in the ranks among the outstanding performance has been praised several times over the hh
changed our training program. has now been trained not to artillery. From 7:30 am a 9:30 is two hours infantry training hh, up to now a total of nine times by my picket, and I imagine you to military school in Virginia as it was when no one was arrested, but difficult.
1904 年 8 his father dated 21 letter
Dear Dad: hh I believe that some senior figures began to like me if not, then at least began to respect me, I am glad that this feeling only in the gentleman's views were strongly against me a little bit, Zhiyu others I do not care how they look at me. h there is only truth here hh very strict discipline here in as ,Bailey UGG boots, and every year people have to strictly obey the order.
1904 年 8 dated 28
father's letter Dear Dad:
us back to camp, me and the whole camp Ike the first folded the tent people. and then we line up back to the camp, we went Tefei. Pat around, I think the photograph is called All the people are watching me, because I am a member of the soldiers, I feel great. The only regret is that I'm just one part but not all. Honestly, I really was too ambitious and too good at fantasy the future of the hh
When you receive this letter, I learn how to kill my fellow more than a year hh, in contact with the world this year, I not only did not increase respect for human beings, but in the gradually reduced. because even the best military, I did not as I would like to see them and I like the kind of self-sacrifice and the desire of honor, I can only see in them that a soldier or a person that some careless, careless, insensitive and indecision. but so be it, the fewer species, the greater the value the individual, if that meant my character so I can not complete the requirements for their own task, or the opportunity I was able to complete the task has not come, at least I can die happy, because I knew I was unique, and this is also the only I could know.
1904 年 9 月 4 日hh
letter to his father I do not know You know I always thought he was a military genius, I would be likely to become a great general. But the situation now, it seems that this idea no basis. I'm better than my classmates smart, not like my classmates admire him like Napoleon's students like worship me. In fact, I and other students of the only difference is that I have the confidence to achieve my ideal and the ideal and they did not even ideal,
1904 年 11 dated 12 letter
father for you and your mom if I was a consolation, I will be very happy. My only hope is that I'm on my its also a comfort, but I did not. I live for 19 years, but I feel I have lived in vain, I am stronger than when I was not much, other people seem to have succeeded, only I was nothing, though I carefully to be successful, maybe I did not fail like the others, but I think just jealous. I have nothing will be proficient in everything, I think that if a person is how much is personal matter, he at least proficient in one. I I see my students do not have a little sense of superiority, and this superiority should be a successful person must have. I sometimes thought I'm not a lofty ideal that can not only achieve a wretch, to really In this case, I would rather die ten years ago I also spent than in the failure of the good life. because in that case, I do not have the opportunity to imagine such a horrible hellish life. If I become a general officers, then took me a stick and knock either dead, or let me hh Cheer up Cheer up, I'm afraid I've lost that confidence you have been highly praised, I am not sure if I can successful, but now it is a new start in my life, I want to start and stick to it. Usually I began strenuously on Sunday, and Monday I was let down, maybe this letter I wrote too pessimistic, but I sense of self, the idea of no value too strong, I have to say h.
1904 年 11 月 to Beatrice
Thank you for your letter on my birthday on my blessing, but I hope this is not my 19th birthday but the 15th birthday. because the thought of how small I am, I do not want to grow up. I grew to live life is going pretty good, but I have not done something worth doing. I sometimes would think that this is only my personal thoughts or ideas shared by all? Anyway, this is not good for me.
I have re-started, I wake again: 3O get up learning. My birthday have a high score.
1904 年 12 月 26 date to the father's letter
I'm afraid you are here, benefits. Remember, I am not only a student, I was just 400 students in one. Some of the students is very good, strong than your son, I do not know how many times. habit is the strongest human emotion, which is can be proved from me, I'm not hard hard work. I do not have class but I do not know how to pass the time. you say well my last exam, but you know, got more than 40 outstanding math students , 100 persons had excellent English. I even managed to get well and is really nothing to boast about.
I think I really fucking bad, I say not that I'm a little discouraged or ashamed, but that every time I scolded himself after two days they had not restored to their original, and not a bit changed.
I'm no different from other students, and this not going too well, I have to always maintain a puritanical cool-headed hh
I think I almost did not achieve any success and only failed because I have been living in the fantasy of the future. This fantasy makes me work, but also to block my progress. I have been told tomorrow learn their own, and the results are always slack off today, not preparing for tomorrow. The result, I am eager to just keep the expense of tomorrow today. I think if I can be meticulous with every day things, eagerly looking forward to tomorrow, then I would be successful. So I guess I should try.
1905 年 1 dated 1 father in a letter:
I do not have to carry out my plan to study hard, a little hard but I will, though you are very satisfied with my grades, I do not think so. too common, I'm not in the finest students, the thought of this I am very uncomfortable. I hope I can catch up to the front to be successful hh
1905 years given Beatrice
(which heard the Battle of Port Arthur after school), I think the offensive at the front to be a commander might as well jump off the cliff more secure. If you have the chance, I wish I could be assigned to artillery units, although they are called antique, in any case, attack at the front, they still some distance away from the front line after the war also returned to their love to go around. may I speak not the truth, because I'm not particularly want to die on the battlefield, I should go to the artillery units hh, even though I may die in battle, but I think I will survive in difficult hh
1905 年 6 月 3 letter date to the father than the very hard
steeplechase, because I do not want to lose, but we lost the game, but also in French and mathematics test. I stupid, Of course, I say to no avail, I desire to succeed was so strong, but I was too incompetent, in addition to desire, I can do nothing, really too bad hh
1905 年 6 月 10 日 Barton Barton's letter to small children
Dear:
I have today received your letter No. 3, know that you failed in the obstacle race, you do not know how much I sad because I know how eager you desire to succeed. and make every effort to ensure that there are ideals to win the game is a good thing, but you must also learn to quietly accept setbacks and failures. you have to understand as long as you have done your best to do the do things, that masturbation was enough to hh, the real winner is the kind of enterprising spirit and deserves the success which the person hh
battle in life, you can enter the failure of those middle of the surface to find the real heroes. winner who heads the surface most of the time halo mm accidents and the result of the external environment.
If you can not be corporal, also smiled and accepted this fact, continue to work, is you, will run not. Dear child, you do not know how much I miss you, you suffer a setback, you do not know how much I want to be there for you to share with you. but I can not in fact even if the conditions allow mm, I not do that. You have to face life alone every battle mm or accept defeat in the success of the process to meet and grow into a real man hh, I'm not worried about you, I know you are trying to It is also to succeed mm mm you can do when you do that, in my terms, you have succeeded.
1905 dated 12 年 6 cable
father failed mathematics, to be read back, the summer vacation.
1905 年 6 月 13 日 Barton Barton & T
to small does not matter, children, work, God bless you.
consolation is that Button is not a complete failure, he went back to reading instead of being expelled, it is clear he has tried. His conduct was good, he deserves another chance. End the summer at home, he returned to school in early September and the next student in the next one In the first year of life.
V. West Point. Corporal
1927 年 George. S. Little Barton, stay with me. we went back home. my parents told me no one showing a little bit disappointed with the failure or look to blame.
summer vacation is over. back to school before, bought a little diary Barton to record some of his ideas and some important things. the title page he wrote: ; to calculate. ; do what you can do, rather than asking you to do. learn too little. hh I been a good in math this Section, you can and should be counted in the list of honors, even though I have to admit that there are some clever class of students to death and some had been an excellent education students.
1906 年 1 月 to Beatrice
. is the discipline to make this place like hell, unbearable. schools do not allow a little entertainment, they also do not let us off-campus entertainment. I really want to accept the invitation, but I can not do hh
said in your letters If one thing does not even make sense fails, then there will be no attempt to value. I think it is correct, I never thought about it, you say I do not really fail, perhaps you are wrong, because I'm lazy and stupid hh but one day I will come out on top.
1906 年 1
dated 6 may be my father, born stupid, because even though I did the best, but my French and English still not ideal, damn. I am a jackass! I have to learn and destiny to do right, I should stop from morning to night school. because I do not want to like the ass I do not quite hh
popular, probably because I'm One day I let them know they will never match my diary.
If you can achieve your goals, what kind of sacrifices are not worth mentioning, let people say go, go its own way though, until I succeed That day, I will not forget the people who make fun of me.
1906 年 3 dated 24
as a loving father, soldier lives, say these words may sound a bit stupid, but I do think Army soldiers should stay in place is not.
I saw many soldiers here, too limited in their ability. They can be trained to a company, but they can not command a battalion of a lifetime. Do not think I do not like the army, because hh This is the only worthy of my place to go. Now I should go to another unit or to participate in combat, or just wait for dead like a revenge of the dragon, the United States as to recover. For a person who has nothing, that these Some words can not help but laugh, but for God's sake, if I can have the chance, my name will be engraved on a chair in the classroom more than the place on April 6 h1906 father
simulation exercises to I do not kill people, nor by others killed. I have lost the freshness of the war.
1906 年 4 father dated 23
hh we are discussing corporal, and I have do not consider this matter, but I really want to be a corporal, others think that I can do it, but I do not think so hh recent family seem good luck, I hope this good luck will continue, because we superior, we should be successful, and now we have indeed succeeded.
1906 年 6 13, George. Smith. Patton was awarded the rank of second corporal.
1906 of July and August the thought of his mother hh How to change the environment of a person to not help a bit funny, if I'm still at home, I feel like a little kid. But now I have become experienced and reserved, so feel that they are all old 20 years old. this evening dinner, led by me cry password, as First Corporal in the guard. at the time it was my next set of passwords. Military Academy in Virginia under the first set a password to see Lagrange, I'll hopefully be like him finally made it today, some people said I was one of the most appealing, I hope so. then I can have to be able to command them in August. Anyway, I know I was the class that can command them but m forward and can effectively control their people. probably because they do not like me. but I am an out standing in front of them, they are no longer exposed to the phase of the stupid.
miss your son, student, Corporal
Duty Officer George today. S. Little Barton August 19, 1906 to Beatrice hh command of a company is very interesting, and once I have command of a battalion, but also the duty officer when the two hh I This summer I believe the time when the Duty Officer Duty Officer picket others much more than others, I also recorded the one of the marshals to you.
20 years later, when Patton recalled this period of days, he said: I do urge, simply does not deserve to be a man, a soldier, let alone do. these benefits to be is not for me a little bit, but I want to hold them. They let me see 20 year old how absurd.
1906 年 8 dated 28 Beatrice
now I tell you one thing, you may not think I am good, and results to be published today . I dropped to sixth from the second, I do not know why. maybe I am a good fight, but I think I m an who led the entire class.
This can be said for a long time I The biggest blow suffered, because I have been trying to make a qualified soldier hh.
After this incident, Patton wrote in his diary: , he would have the whole behind you. To achieve my goal.
1906 年 9 月 Diary
diary of the things written. This is mainly down the some of his ideas on military. Many years later, to mark other content, Barton wrote in the title page: This is George. Smith. Patton learning at West Point with the diary, many of which are good ideas, there are many bad ideas. But anyway, this is the military record of my interest in this career.
some words which have this: Architecture is a defense kinds of good tactic, enemy artillery fire in order to not cause too much injury to us, make us less firepower, or intermittent shooting, so they attack the enemy that has been effective, our weapons have been completely can not display a sense of power. When the other group of soldiers sent out when they took note of our fortifications, waiting for an opportunity to use our artillery attack, which would make enemy unexpected, we can immediately counterattack.
Never ready to retreat, at least determined not to retreat.
Norman Do not forget the old method of camouflage retreat.
14 mm century England Scotland can learn no experience of war, and sometimes misleading idea because in some cases passive defense proved to be very effective. not because the withdrawal itself is any good, but because it will cause the enemy's negligence.
main reason for the failure of France and Spain, is to ignore the importance of the cavalry , that cavalry should always attack from behind.
tactics are the epitome of strategy, speed of .1907 between the two elements are on January 11 to River Therese h than if you vote, please vote hh military aid has bills, I do not know the content, but the bill has nothing to do sound and the army.
1907 年 2 dated 17 O Therese
than one thing I did today, was well received. I picketing of a student (he had violated discipline, I reported a higher level, he got punished), not what I want to do, he is my good friend, but I think it is my duty .1907 on March 17 to his father or do not know how I rose from sixth to second place, I may be meeting in June was promoted to sergeant or staff sergeant h. But I can not get too excited, because the genetic your character, I am beginning to worry me more likely than second place, just like when I get worried about the same second.
1907 年 4 月 composition
Unfortunately, many people do not realize that learning to learn military tactics and close ties of history, and Indeed, military history is to learn tactics to push things one should learn.
school year ended, Patton passed the examination of all material purposes, promoted to second grade. left home for the summer day, he was appointed Corps Sergeant long.
six, West Point. adjutant
1907 diary of a cavalry commander should have the characteristics: (l) unconquerable courage; (2) to master the correct timing of attack; (3) the ability to boost morale hh Whatever you do, do everything.
1907 年 9 mid
letter to Beatrice is like killing the same soccer team training, but currently, I am all right, very Interestingly, I have completely changed, has begun to like hurt. Although I endured a foot on his head, but I think I will take part in some competitions hh If not, then it may be my only physical condition was not particularly good. I tried my best, I must win, really, if a person has done is to succeed, how could he fail it?
1907 年 11 月 27 日 diary
George. Barton you have seen enthusiasm for a career for a man what kind of impact, you must rely on their own strength to get applause and praise, and this is what you deserve. may in times of peace, this is not what is too great value, but this is your life to push a thing is worth fighting for, in order to pursue higher honor, life and worldly pleasure is a small sacrifice it. before your best efforts failed, and now you are still to do its utmost to be successful, this is where you the meaning of life. You must be a career, you must have to succeed, unless you have reached the pinnacle or the grave.
1908 spring Diary Today I had the honor to help Menger Man
wife opened a dance, Legate, his wife said: in February to Beatrice
I think I am a strange one, If I can find something else to do better than the world, if only to fight potato skins is good too. see other people not just something, but all the things you do better than it is a very irritating thing h but always someone better than you, at least one thing better than you h, I even have potato skins beat well. Patton was appointed second lieutenant battalion adjutant for the trainees, Beatrice has been helping to support him. She noted that Patton used to belittle herself, she had to remind him, encourage him, Patton also started the first serious to think about their own position, their own ideals.
1908 年 2 月 22 date to the Beatrice
Thank you I was appointed as second lieutenant adjutant congratulations. Do you remember? long time ago, once we go out horseback riding, I said I want to be lieutenant, but I'm afraid you can not be, you say I will. Since then, I have been moving in this direction, thank you, thanks to your encouragement. You know, I have decided to stay in the army. and if Once a war breaks, no big deal. If there is no battle to fight, then I no matter what profession does not matter, because in addition to being a soldier, I did not.
Spring 1908 diary
Remember, your all values can be reflected only on the battlefield, so you can not fail. as long as you start to attack, you did not even think about. as long as the defeat every opponent, you win. necessary When you use your body to fulfill your obligations. The world does not need a failed soldier, nothing sweeter than the fruits of victory.
no matter what happens, no matter how much the civilian population into a temptation You have to hang on. Remember, you are a soldier, you have to obey orders has been, and eager to command. If you had a chance as heroic as a soldier to die, but you failed to seize this opportunity, then I pray God confound you, George. Patton. has been not to give up your ideals, you only live once, you have to live a vigorous, you have to be willing to give everything.
1908 年 3 月 to Bieteli Wire letter
two reasons I prefer the cavalry forces: one is because in combat, infantry, cavalry junior officers than junior officers have more power to individual command teams. Although you say cavalry very backward, but I think the pace of development than the infantry, cavalry fast cavalry arms for the future, I think I was gonna let the world know the value of one of the cavalry. I think might be too stupid, I say it may be too hasty, and if that 20 years from now if there is no war, some people will doubt my words: also there is no progress, and if a person dedicated to the cause of his dreams, dreams could become reality. let anyone, especially people like me to say nothing of a compelling reason, it may be a tough to make, but anyway, I was very confident, I like this may seem silly. If God allows it for a war, and I have to get ahead, or simply died on the battlefield, After all the bets are betting on the battlefield and the purchase of shares is the same, usually the former to the insurance bit. may hh I'm such a silly dreamer boy, I ...

No comments:

Post a Comment